The Counseling staff does NOT provide 24-hour coverage. If you are experiencing an actual mental health emergency and need immediate assistance call:
On Campus during operational hours:
- 911, state you are having a mental health crisis
- ADAPT Community Solutions Crisis Line
- (214) 828-1000 Suicide and Crisis Hotline
- Go to the Lakeside Resource Center in E082 El Paso Hallway (972-238-3771) and the receptionist will connect you with a
counselor or go to the Health Center in T-110 (972-238-6135).
- Speak to a Richland College employee and ask them to contact a personal counselor.
- Use the emergency call boxes located in each hallway to call College Police and ask them to CALL a personal counselor.
Counseling by Appointment
Richland counselors are available to help current students with personal, career and academic concerns that affect academic success and quality of life. Counselors provide short-term, solution focused personal counseling and make referrals, when needed, for such concerns as:
- Adjustment Issues
- Relationship and Family Concerns
- Death or Loss
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Depression and Anxiety
- Conflicted Life Choices
- Anger Management
- Stress/Time Management
- Test Anxiety - Educational Concerns
- Community Referrals When Needed
The Counseling Center is located in El Paso Hall room E-082
Call or walk in for an appointment
Hours of Operation Are:
Mon. - Thurs, 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.